They may not look like they have much to offer, but dates have a rich flavor and a great chewy texture. Dates grow on date palms, and they fall under the category of drupes because they have a single stone at their center. The history of these beloved dry fruits goes back countless centuries, but they made their way into the Americas in the 1700s with the assistance of Spanish missionaries. Today, dates are found all around the world.
Are you a Blogger? Why are dates good for you?
According to WebMD dried fruit like raisins, prunes, dates, or peaches together with nuts, such as pistachios and cashews are good sources of iron. Dates are a good snack for people that spend many hours in front of a computer. If you need to sustain your concentration and mental alertness, dates can support your mental wellbeing, help reduce feelings of tiredness and fatigue.
The high iron content in dates makes them effective in treating anemia and its associated symptoms such as fatigue.
Health benefits of organic dates
Generally speaking, there are numerous reasons to chew on these fruits that they are recommended by health practitioners, nutritionists and are now included as healthy options in many online food delivery menus; Here are some of the health benefits linked to eating dates.
- They make bones stronger and help with conditions like osteoporosis, thanks to minerals like magnesium, selenium, copper , and manganese found in them.
- When soaked overnight in water to turn into a syrup, they can act as an effective constipation aid because they have high amounts of soluble fiber.
- Dates are also good for the heart due to the high potassium content in them. This mineral makes them appropriate for high blood pressure.
- People who are underweight can eat dates with cucumber paste to promote weight gain. With nearly 3,000 calories in a kilogram of dates, eating them throughout the day can boost weight gain a great deal; and in a healthy way.
- Being a good source of energy due to the high amounts of sugars such as glucose, fructose and sucrose; dates can provide an instant energy boost when necessary.
- People experiencing alcohol intoxication can benefit from eating dates. They can also be used to cure hangovers.
- When soaked in fresh goat’s milk overnight and then mixed with cardamom powder and honey, dates can be used to increase sexual stamina.
How to buy organic dates online. Holland and Barrett voucher offers
As you buy dates, it is important to buy organic dates – they are much healthier. Holland & Barrett sells 100% organic dates through their website.
Remember to sign up to Holland and Barrett loyalty program which uses reward points to create discount coupons. You can search online for discount codes for Holland and Barrett and save money on future orders.
Half a kilo of Holland & Barrett organic dates goes for £5.19. With Holland & Barrett’s penny sale you order a second bag of organic dates for just a penny, which is the same as a 50% off coupon code.