Recommended FollowUp Tool: With all the sales tools on the market, it can be tough to tell what options offer the best value for your company. Through my experience and interactions with many different companies over the past few years, I’ve noticed that there is one category that is consistently highly relevant to everyone: Follow Up Tools.
Following up is at the core of a successful sales process and can make a significant impact on closing deals with new customers, generating recurring revenue & just staying in touch to keep referrals coming.
For this reason, I thought to provide a comparison between 5 follow-up tools for email that you can find on the market. Depending on your needs and budget, this analysis should help you pick the tool that suits you best.
The message is simple: for beginners Boomerang or Right Inbox can be a good start, high volume email users could give Thrive for Email a try, and companies looking for advanced CRM integrations could consider Yesware or see if FollowUp.cc provides sufficient functionality.
Have you tried any of the above-mentioned tools yet?
If so, share your thoughts and let me know in the discussion below if your favorite follow up tool is missing and I’ll try to include it next time!
Top Recommended FollowUp Tool :
- Boomerang for Gmail – http://www.boomeranggmail.com/
Boomerang is a browser extension that adds functionality to the web-based view of Gmail. Although they market themselves more as a “send email later” tool, they are often being used for their follow up reminder features as well.
Boomerang is well suited to be used independently and doesn’t require any integration. It does however require you to actively use the product, because if you don’t activate features when you send an email, Boomerang won’t do anything proactively. With a price tag of $15/month billed monthly this can be a nice and simple product if you are just getting started.
- Very light-weight
- Useful interaction stats on sent emails
- Needs to be used actively to provide value
- The extra buttons and features in Gmail can be overwhelming
- Yesware – http://www.yesware.com/
Yesware focuses much more on the analytical part of your sales communication; however their browser extension also provides the possibility to set follow up reminders, which in essence works the same as what Boomerang provides. To use their follow up features you would need their Pro plan for $12/month billed annually.
Next to the follow up features, Yesware also provides a strong integration with Salesforce, so if this is a platform you are using then Yesware is worth considering ($55/month billed annually). Yesware’s offering is more aimed at advanced sales teams, especially those using Salesforce. This is typically more applicable to mid-sized and large companies.
- Many additional features, like automated follow up sequences
- Useful interaction stats on sent emails
- Strong integration with Salesforce
- The features can be overwhelming if you just look for a follow up tool
- In contrast, they are quite basic if you look for an email automation tool
- Thrive for Email – https://www.thrive.email/
A newcomer in the follow up field is Thrive for Email, which automatically maintains a follow up list of emails where no answer has been received. The process runs in the backend, making it independent of what software you use for your email. It’s a refreshing approach in comparison to the other solutions in the market, which are all very similar in terms of how follow up reminders can be set.
Thrive for Email can detect email campaigns and group them, and can filter out internal communication. Campaigns and overdue follow ups are labeled automatically using Gmail’s native label functionality, so you can easily navigate between campaigns and handle your follow ups in any email software or app. Starting at $19/month billed monthly this automated approach seems especially suitable for people handling higher volumes of email.
- A refreshing approach, that aims to automatically manage follow ups
- Works on any device and uses native Gmail labels to organize emails
- No additional analytics, like most other tools offer
- FollowUp.cc – https://followup.cc/
FollowUp.cc emphasizes on getting your leads to reply to your email. Not too long ago FollowUp.cc also added the possibility to create your own drip campaigns from your Gmail inbox, so that prospects that have not yet replied to your email will be sent a pre-defined follow up automatically.
The features of FollowUp.cc are light-weight and basically follow what is being offered by other providers in the market, starting at $18/month billed annually. They compete directly with Yesware and also have a Salesforce specific plan, although much more limited. Nevertheless, if the features suit your needs, this plan comes at a better price ($40/month billed annually).
- Allows you to build automated follow up sequences
- Some features work independently from their browser extension
- Features are basic whereas price is in the higher range
- No clear distinction from other products in the market
- Right Inbox – http://www.rightinbox.com/
Right Inbox is, like Boomerang, primarily marketed as a “send email later” tool. Once you have installed the extension, you will be able to manually set email reminders in order to follow up later, schedule your emails to be sent at a later time, add notes to emails and create recurring emails that can be sent on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis.
The features are very basic but then again their pricing is also rather low, for $7.95 per month billed monthly and $5.95 per month billed annually. Although less well known than Boomerang, this can be a great pick for a very light-weight start into setting follow ups when you send an email.
- Lowest price in the market
- It is very simple to use and is ideal for a low volume user
- Very basic features
- Only works through their browser extension in Gmail