The Aadhar card has been now officially can be presented anywhere as a form of ID proof, issued by Govt. of India. It contains the citizen’s personal information along with retina and fingerprint scans. It is very common that mistakes can be made in addresses, names (first name, middle name, last name), etc.
Also Read :
- How to Update Aadhaar Card Details from website
- The Beginner’s Guide to Creating an Effective Business Card
- Warning Signs on Med Card California You Should Be Aware Of
If you are one of those who got it incorrectly, then you will have to follow the below process. For the Aadhaar card correction
The process to update Aadhaar card details online
In order to correct your Aadhaar details, make sure the mobile number you have registered is correct. Take a close look at the following steps.
Step 1: First, log on to the official website of UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) Aadhaar Self Service Portal (SSUP) https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
Step 2: Now, enter your Aadhaar card number in the box provided.
Step 3: Enter the verification number that is displayed underneath the card number and click on “Generate OTP (One-time password).
Step 4: You will receive a number (OTP) to your registered mobile number. Now, use this number to log into your Aadhaar account.
Step 5: Now, you will be redirected to the page “Data Update Request.” In this page, you will have to indicate where the data is wrong and how to like to update it. Make sure you enter the right information because whatever changes you make here they will reflect in your Aadhaar card. In this stage, you will be also asked to for all your contact and personal information which have to be entered correctly.
Step 6: In this step, you will need all your documents that are needed to be uploaded in the “Documents Required” section. You have to upload the official copy of the documents that validates the needed modification. For instance, if your Aadhaar card has mentioned your name or address incorrectly then you have to submit documents that contain your right name or address (Correct spelling).
Step 7: Once you are done with this step, you can now move forward to the “BPO Service Provider Selection” category. In this, you will have to pick the BPO service provider and then click on submit button.
Step 8: Now you have successfully submitted your request, you can now download your copy of the update verification.
Here are a few things you will have to remember while updating your Aadhaar card
- Ensure every single detail you entered is correct (According to your ID proof).
- The documents you submit should be listed in the approved documents list.
- Numbers you enter should be in English
- When you request changes online then keep your URN secure because you will later have to use this to check the status of the correction.
- While entering your name, make sure you don’t add any titles or salutations.
- Make sure you will be available at your address because you the modified Aadhaar card will be delivered to the mentioned address.
We hope you found this information helpful. If you have any further questions, please let us know in the comment section below.