Planning to go for a change? So, what have you decided? Want thick threaded eyebrows or try a browless look?
While some people are going crazy for bold, thick threaded eyebrows, others are experimenting with something completely opposite- bleached brows.
Also Read :
- How to Enhancing and Shaping Your Eyebrows Overlook
- 17 Hot Stars That’ll Make You Eager To Find A Dude With Full Eyebrows
- Bleached eyebrows: a Bright Idea or Bad decision?
Bleached eyebrows are becoming a fashion trend. In this method, the hairs of the eyebrows are lightened such that the area above the eyes seems to be barren. In short, it makes you look like a browless person. Don’t you think this is an excellent method to appear unique and eye-catching?
No matter whether you are a handsome guy or a beautiful girl, famous personality or an ordinary person, you can bring a drastic change in your look just by a simple step.
This is just the best practice nowadays. After all, you can thinner your brows with threading, but cannot make them lighter. This task of lightening the hairs of eyebrows is what Bleaching is known for.
Not just ordinary people, even the famous celebrities are bold and crazy after such trendy look. After all, they also want to remain in the limelight and heartthrob.
Who says you need heavy makeup to look adorable? Both thick threaded eyebrows and blonde, shiny eyebrows are enough to make you stand out of the crowd. Here are few famous celebrities who have transformed their look completely by choosing one of these two styles in vogue:
Guys are also not behind in trying such crazy ideas. Here are some of those smart guys:
You can decide on your own if you want bleached eyebrows or thick threaded one. Above pictures are just to give you a clue. Check out them again and take a decision.
So, what have you decided? Are you thinking of bleaching your thick threaded eyebrows?
Bleaching is an effective method to get rid of Unibrow. You need not go for regular threading; you can just lighten its hairs to the extent you want. It’s up to you if you want to bleach all the hairs or just the part of joint.
You need not go for all those chaotic activities of getting your eyebrows threaded, maintain the arch, moisturize the skin, deal with redness and other side effects, and so on.
If yes, then go to experts. Just like threading, this practice is also common. So, you will find several places to enjoy these services. Some of such sites are NYC Threading, Flirt and Flutter makeup academy, ShapesBrowBar,etc. ShapesBrowBar is not just renowned for world-class services, but also a famous place to purchase exquisite quality cosmetic products. Hurry! Get an appointment today!
How to bleach your Eyebrows at home?
If you are confident enough to do bleach at home, just follow these simple steps and get perfect eyebrows:
- Keep your hairs away from your face: If you have short hairs, use a headband or a towel to get the hairs in place. In you have long hairs, make a tight ponytail. Take care that you do not get your hairs bleached by accident.
- Work with patience: Bleaching is a work that needs proper attention. You have to take care of each fine Start when you have a lot of quality time and patience.
- Clear out your face: Remove all the dirt, makeup, oil, etc. from your skin before you start bleaching. This is required for better results. Clean your face with lukewarm water or with makeup remover. Taking a shower is also a good idea. Steam from the shower calms the oil clogged in the pores. So, it is easy to remove them.
- Go smoothly: Do not rub your skin harshly. Instead, dry your skin with a soft cloth.
- Shape your brows: Go for threading, tweezing or waxing to get perfect thin or thick threaded eyebrows.
- Threading means pluck out the hairs going out of the boundary of the desired eyebrow shape using a cotton thread. This is the most popular yet inexpensive method to get rid of extra hairs on brows. If you want to remove much hair at once, try this method.
- Plucking or Tweezing is the method to adopt in case only a few hairs are ruining the shape of your eyebrows. Take tweezers and pluck out the hairs gently one by one.
- Waxing is the method use to remove a lot of hairs at once. Mostly people prefer this method to eliminate hairs from the whole body including legs and arms. In this process, chemicals are used. They are applied to the area from where you want to remove hairs.
- Choose the brow shape as per the shape of your face. Remember, the eyebrows can frame your eyes, they can lift your face and enhance your look but only if the eyebrow shape fits well with your face shape. So, it is very much required to keep this thing into your concern. Well, here is a brief detail of various types of face shapes and the eyebrow shapes complimenting them.
- Diamond-shape: In this, the cheekbones appear wider. So, you must look for the brow shape that softens this feature. The curved brow is just the best option for those with a diamond-shaped face.
- Square-shaped face: If your forehead and jaw are at the same distance, then no doubt you have a square-shaped face. Go for little, soft arch eyebrows as it would add more feminism to your look. Please do not get too thick or thin eyebrows if you have a square-shaped face. This would make you appear adverse.
- Oval-shaped face: According to various artists and stylists, this is the best face shape as you can look gorgeous with just a small touch up. If you have an oval-shaped face, avoid sharp brows. Instead, choose the one with a slight arch. This would highlight the best features of your face.
- Round-shaped face: Is your face round? Then, you must get the eyebrows such that your face looks elongated. The high-arched eyebrow is suitable for round-shaped face. Soft arch shaped eyebrow is another option. Avoid round brows as they would make your face look more round and small.
- Long-shaped face: Do you have a long face? If yes, then get flat eyebrows. This would minimize the length of your face and make it look a bit rounder. Choose the flat brows with slight curve only. Do not go for arched eyebrows.
- Heart-shaped face: This is yet the last type of face we have commonly. In this, one has a pointed chin with the face slightly rounded at the above. To soften this sharp look, select the round brow shape for threading. And avoid sharp-arched brows.
- Once you have analyzed thoroughly and determined which face shape you have and which of the eyebrow shape would look better on it, get ready to pluck out the eyebrows. Take a shower before plucking out hairs from your eyebrows. This will make it less painful for you and of course, will provide a better experience.
- Use magnifying mirrors and better lighting to get more accurate results.
Now, it’s the time to bleach your thick threaded eyebrows.
- Mix the bleaching powder and developer: Follow the guidelines provided on the packet of bleaching powder and mix the content well with a cotton swab in a non-reactive container (a glass bowl is an apt option).
- Time to test the bleach cream! Avoid using bleach powder directly on your eyebrows. The skin of your face is more delicate than that of other body parts. This means you need to serve it with extra care. Your skin might get some side effects from the mixture if you apply it directly without checking if it suits your skin or not. So, it is better to do a patch test on some other part of your body.
Why not do a patch test on jawline? This can be a great precaution. It will not only help you in finding if the powder suits your body or not, but also shows the speed at which the hairs will get lightened.
If your skin is sensitive, do not go for any bleaching cream. Rather, use the milder one labeled for sensitive skin.
- Apply it! Mostly, the bleaching creams come with an applicator. But in case you do not have one, use a cotton swab. Use the bleach on the hairs you want to l Avoid rubbing it into your skin. Do it gently, precisely. Cover those hairs evenly and thoroughly to get a uniform result.
- Also, as Bleach can lighten any colored hair, take care that you apply it at the right place. Do not just use bleaching cream on the top of the eyebrows, but also on the other areas from where you want to lighten the hairs. Do not let the cream fall into your eyes.
- Check out the time! Time is an essential part of this process. Do not ignore time; otherwise, you have to face several problems. If you are bleaching your thick threaded eyebrows for the first time, keep it for one or two minutes only. Remember, this time starts from the time bleach comes in touch with your skin at first. You can apply as much bleach as you want once a time. But, you cannot reapply at once. You have to wait for the hairs to grown back. Then only, applying bleach is effective.
- Keep in mind that bleach must not rest on your skin for more than 10 minutes, irrespective of the color of your eyebrows.
- Remove the cream: Take a warm, wet cloth to wipe away the cream from the brows. Take care to do it gently. Do not rub the skin. Otherwise, you would get irritated by the bleach.
- Look into the mirror: Check in the mirror if the bleach is taken off from your eyebrows completely. Remember, perfect execution of anything is vital to get desired results.
Do you wish to know more? Well, here are few tips for you:
- The color of eyebrows must coordinate with that of your hairs. So, if your hairs are bold and orange, get the brows of the same color.
- If you have black-brown hairs, do not over-bleach to get blonde hairs sooner. Instead of that try to get red or orange shade first. This would be an intermediate stage between that of black-brown and blonde hairs.
- Bleach your eyebrows one by one. This would offer same time to both brows.
- Go through the regrowth period. Otherwise, some hairs would be light in color (bleached one) while others would be dark (new grown hairs).
- You might get afraid that it will wash out your face, but you will get used to it after some time. Have patience!
- And the most important thing to keep in your mind: Never use hair bleach directly on your eyebrows. Since the mixture is not so thick, there is a risk of getting it fall into your eyes. Thus, bleaching can affect your eyes if fallen by accident into them.
- If bleach gets into the eye by mistake, rinse it with water at once. Still if you feel uncomfortable or find vision problem, visit your doctor.
- To add structure to your eyebrows, use an eyebrow shadow or an angled brush with brow powder Emphasize your eyebrows with angles and arches. They can instantly frame your face. They can give you a more balanced look.
- Need some online tutorials?
YouTube is just the best place to learn anything, anytime. Here are the links of some of such tutorials?
Do you think Bleaching is not the right choice?
Since it lasts for a longer time, sometimes, it makes a person regret his decision. Moreover, if your skin is sensitive, it needs a lot of precautions. So, it becomes quite risky and lengthy process, especially for the one who is doing it for the first time.
Here are some of the reasons why you must not go for Bleach Eyebrows:
- Looks Unnatural: How weird would your face look without those two thick hair strips above the eyes? Our Eyebrows not only highlights our face but also make it easy for us to express our emotions. Bleached brows are just like you have none. How would you tell others how you are feeling? How would they get a sign? Do you seriously want to look expressionless alien?
- Damaging: Bleaching can damage the hairs. It can slow down or even restrict the growth of the hairs on your thick threaded eyebrows.
- Harmful: Since bleaching cream consists of chemical, it is dangerous to your skin, eyes and other body parts, especially when you have sensitive skin.
So, you can avoid this method. But, what if you want to lighten your dark colored brows? Is there no other option? Luckily, there are several alternatives to Bleach. They are natural and temporary based. So, you can rely on them whenever you want to look mind-blowing. Here are those alternative methods:
- Use Hydrogen Peroxide: The Hydrogen Peroxide is an inexpensive product available easily everywhere. 3% of Hydrogen Peroxide solution is a fantastic alternative to bleach cream. Apply the solution on the hairs you want to lighten with a cotton swab. Keep the skin untouched for few minutes and then clean it out. You can also reapply it after few days so as to maintain the lightening of your brows.
- Chamomile Tea: If you are very conscious about your health and do not want to use any chemical product, try this natural one! Chamomile tea in addition to lemon juice is an excellent alternative to bleach. Pour a cup of boiling water on a chamomile tea bag. Allow it to gently for 1 hour. Stir it in an unequal portion of lemon juice. Apply with a cotton swab thoroughly over your thick threaded eyebrows. You can repeat this every day to lighten your brows.
- Use a brow pencil or gel: To lighten your eyebrows, use a brow pencil with color a few shades lighter than that of your brows. Let us say if your eyebrows are of dark brown color, try a warm light brown colored pencil. You can get the same effect with a brow gel.
As now you are aware of what bleaching is, how it works and how would you look on applying it in addition to various alternatives, it’s up to you which way you take it- a good decision or a bad choice?
All I can say that both the way are superb! Whichever way you use, you’ll look totally out of this world.
So, doesn’t waste time in thinking much, just analyze and try out! Set the tone of your face by experimenting something new!