Domain Authority, a metric used to find out the Influence of a website in Search Engines.The better domain authority a website has, the more likely it is to be dominating in Search Engines.
A few years back PageRank was the important factor that played the major role in a website’s ranking. But now, those days are gone.Google algorithms have been updated a numbers of time & Google officially announced that PageRank is no more a ranking factor.
Also Read :
- How To Choose Search Engine Friendly Domain Names
- Focus Keywords: What They Are and How to Choose Them for Your Business Blog
- The Complete Guide To Increasing Your Website’s Domain Authority
So, now webmasters & other online marketers don’t see a website’s PageRank.Now, they check Domain Authority of a website.
Before you get in, I would like to a bit more about DomainAuthroity.
1- Domain Authority is a score (on a 100-point scale) developed by Moz that predicts how well a website will rank on search engines. Use Domain Authority when comparing one site to another or tracking the “strength” of your website over time. We calculate this metric by combining all of our other link metrics—linking root domains, the number of total links, MozRank, MozTrust, etc.—into a single score.
Factors that play major role in a Domain Authority
Domain authority depends on numbers of factors. But, Backlinks & Social-Media play a major role.There is a picture that defines the important aspects that affect the Domain Authority.
Domain Authority Factors
From the above picture, you must have a pretty good Idea to increase your website’s Domain Authority.But, this picture is not good enough to explain everything.
So, let’s dive into it.The Complete guide to Increase a Domain Authority.
Step #1 Proper SEO of a Website
The basic fundamental of successful blogging is proper SEO of a site.It may don’t have the direct relationship with Domain Authority.But, somehow it affects the domain authority.
Moz explains, for improving DA, you need to optimize your site for search engine.It includes all SEO factors like On-Page SEO, On-Site & Off-Page SEO.
Structure your website perfectly.Breadcrumbs, Meta-Tags, Schema Markup, Keywords & ALT Tags should be used properly & it will build a platform for you to increase the Domain Authority.
Step #2 Better Content Marketing
It is obvious that a blog is all known for its content.But writing only articles doesn’t do all the things itself.You’ve to practice some best content marketing strategies to get the best results.People often write an article like they’re writing an ESSAY.
And believe me, It’s pretty immature.Content marketing has been changed.It is more professional now.Mature writers are dominating.Here are the tips that could help you to increase Domain Authority using Content-Marketing.
- A) Deep Internal Linking– Internal linking have been making a lot of buzz around the internet & SEO articles.Because Internal linking has a lot of benefits which also include blog’s Domain Authority.
Link to your website’s other web pages within the articles.It will help you to increase the domain authority without spending a single penny & also your blog readers to learn more deeply about a topic.
Not only that, when you interlink to your other web pages (articles) it helps the crawlers to index your web pages properly.Hence, your site tends to rank better which ultimately helps you to increase domain authority.
- B) External Linking– This is something not preferred by newbies & intermediate bloggers since, they don’t like to link to their competitors.As Rand Fishkinexplained people are scared for a number of reasons like to link to another website like
- It’ll harm their reputation
- It’ll damage their search engine rankings
- It’ll cost them PageRank
- It creates exit portals where users will drop off
But these concerns are unjustified.You should link to the blogs same to your blog niche. This will help you to attract targeted visitors to your blog.Link to the domains which have good Moz rank and domain value.This strategy will help you to increase your site’s Domain Authority.Read the official guide published on Moz, for external linking.
Step #3 Link Diversity
Link diversity is an off-page work.It affects the domain authority.Link diversity is the number of different links pointing to the same domain.If you do it properly then your domain authority will increase.
When you build links from the same website again & again, then google don’t give it much value.Therefore, you should build links from different-different blogs, don’t get confused with different blog niches, I’m talking about different-different blogs within the same niche of your blog.
To diversify the links you have built links use Social-Media, Directory Submission & Guest Blogging
- a) Social Media– Social Medias is one the best mediums that you can leverage to increase your brand & website exposure.With a proper social media strategy, you’ll be able to get your content Infront of people who matter, to have your share of chances at getting links that matter.Thus, you can’t ignore social media en route increase your domain authority.
How To Use Social Media
- Create website profiles on major social Media
- Set up the profiles properly
- Promote your social presence on your website
- Use professional logo for personal branding
- b) Submit Website to SEO web directories- When you submit your website to SEO web directoriesthen you get quality backlinks from them.These links are do-follow links and can skyrocket your website domain authority.
But these links should be only from quality SEO directories.A link from the directory like DMOZ can wonder for your blog.
- c) Guest Blogging– You can accomplish a good domain authority by guest posting on other high domain authority websites.A Single link will be enough to increase your domain authority.These links carry a lot of weight in terms of SEO.
Guest blogging is one way of doing this as you can approach the sites that you want to write for.As you are trying to improve your Domain Authority, you want to look for sites with a good score themselves. The higher their score is, the better it will look for your site when you get a link from them.
Step#5 Clean up the spammy links
Somewhere in the initial stage of blogging (generally) bloggers end up making few spammy links, maybe knowingly or not knowingly.
But, most of the webmasters don’t clean them up because it takes time.But, It’s worth it.Every time Google updates the algorithms it penalize the blog with spammy links.Eventually, you will lose your domain authority.
Therefore, It’s important to clean up the toxic links whenever you have time.
Don’t expect a one-month-old domain to have good DomainAuthority, I really mean it.According to a survey, older domains have good domain authority.But, it’s also not like that you purchase a domain & don’t do anything & expect the domain authority to increase itself.
There are plenty of bloggers who are doing better than you.So it’s good to stand up & compete with them.But don’t forget to use patience before you lose it :p
Conclusion– I covered some of the genuine tips.If you’ll apply these tips then your domain authority will increase for sure.I also checked similar articles to it, but I found that most of them were missing the main points.
As I earlier mentioned in this article that basic fundamental of successful blogging is SEO so If you’re doing it, then you don’t have to worry about anything else.
Don’t forget to share our article with your best buddies :) & Also, don’t forget to reply, I’ll be eagerly waiting for it.