Familiar with ambient recording? No? Let me give its brief introduction. It is the ability to switch on the microphone of a mobile remotely and start recording the sounds it picks from its surroundings. You could even download these recordings and listen to them later with an ambient recording app called Xnspy.
Also Read :
- A Cross Browser Testing Cloud Solution – Lambda Test Review
- What is MongoDB? It’s growing importance in the industry
- How to Grow your Small Business with Free Web Conferencing Tools
Ambient recording is a useful way to get to the bottom of some mystery especially for parents, employers and even partners. Let me throw some light on the benefits of ambient recording:
Ambient recording could be used for increasing the efficiency of your employees. Once in a while, managers can turn on the microphone of the company-owned devices provided to the employees and listen to their surroundings.
Know someone’s intention
A lot of people around us may have cruel intentions and they may act differently in front of us to gain our trust and deceive us later. With ambient recording, you can recognize such people and save yourself from being destroyed or damaged by their deceit.
Check someone’s loyalty
You use ambient recording to check the loyalty of your employees, acquaintances and even friends. Many people have the habit of manipulating a talk and narrate it in their favor. But with ambient recording, you can listen to the conversation yourself and check the person’s loyalty.
How does ambient recording work?
Now let’s move on with how Xnspy lets you use the ambient recording feature. This ambient recording app must be installed on the phone you intend to send remote commands to. You will be given a web account from where you will be monitoring and controlling the phone. Xnspy works discretely so the owner of the phone will never know his phone’s microphone is on. Here are the steps you must perform to record the surroundings and then listen to them later on:
Step 1: Log into your web account
You will first have to visit https://cp.xnspy.com/ and enter your login credentials to reach the Xnspy dashboard.
Step 2: Choose ‘Remote Control’
You will find a menu on your left-hand side. Scroll down and choose ‘Remote Control’ from the options.
Step 3: Pick ‘Record Surround’ from the options
The window will now show you all the remote commands you can actually perform via Xnspy. Since our focus is ambient recording, click on the ‘Record Surround’ option.
Step 4: Enter the number of minutes for the recording
Now specify the number of minutes you want to record the surrounding. As you enter the number, hit ‘Record’. Now the target phone’s microphone will turn on and it will record everything in its surrounding for the said minutes.
Step 5: Click on the ‘Record Surround’ menu to extract the recordings
The audio recordings are then saved on the Xnspy web account which you can listen to and download later on. To access the recordings, choose ‘Record Surround’ from the dashboard menu and you will be shown a list of all the recordings with their time and date stamps. Simply click on the microphone icon to download or listen to the voice recordings.
More features of Xnspy useful for monitoring
Xnspy is not just an ambient recording app, it is a complete monitoring solution which is why it also falls into the category of the best ambient recording apps in 2019. Here are some of the amazing features of this app other than ambient recording:
- Monitor phone calls and messages: Xnspy allows you to monitor all the incoming and outgoing calls on the phone. Likewise, you can also monitor the sent and received messages on the device. Even any call history or messages that are deleted by the device owner will not remain hidden from you. As long as Xnspy creates a backup, you can still access them.
- Access Instant Messaging chats and multimedia: You can read the instant messages and view photos shared over different IM apps using Xnspy too. It supports Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Viber, Instagram, Kik, Tinder and Skype.
- Track GPS location: All best Android Spy Apps in 2019 come with the GPS tracking feature and so does Xnspy. You can track someone’s location in real time. Be it their current location or location history, Xnspy lets you check and track all of it. You can also use its geo-fencing feature to restrict someone from entering or exiting a particular area. It’s a handy feature for parents as well as employers who want to watch out for their kids and employees respectively.
- Record phone call and surrounding: Xnspy gives you the opportunity to not just record and listen to the surrounding of the phone (the ambient recording feature which we already discussed) but also record the phone calls. Each call is recorded automatically and you can listen to it whenever you want by logging into the dashboard.
- Remote control the phone: Some of the remote control features that Xnspy provides include locking the target phone, viewing installed apps, taking live screenshots, blocking an app, keylogging and remotely wiping off the data from the device.
You must be thinking since Xnspy is a lot more than a simple ambient recording app, it must be expensive. No, it’s not. In fact, it is quite affordable. It is available in two Editions: Basic and Premium. The price of former one starts from $8 a month and the price a latter one starts from $12 a month. It is compatible with Android devices starting from 4.x to 8.x so it can almost work on any Android phone.
This ambient recording app is something any organization would appreciate to have. Along with time tracking apps, having this app would increase not just work productivity, but also let you keep track of the activities happening in the workplace that you aren’t aware of. You can also use Xnspy’s features to watch out for such employees who might be sharing company’s confidential information with competitors, wasting company’s resources or breaking your trust.